Fault Tree Analysis
Identify the best ways to reduce risks with FTA
A standardized and consistent process is essential to manage inherent risks in design and manufacturing.
Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) is a top-down approach for analyzing pre-event failures with systems in development, beginning with the top event (the potential failure), then determining all the ways it can occur. Similarly, post-event failures can be analyzed to find the root cause of the failure. Although FMEA and FMECA are very powerful tools, specific recommendations can be vague, so identifying very high risk situations may warrant very specific investigation using the FTA methodology.
Optimize your processes for higher quality products
The Sphera Quality Risk solution is a global risk management platform designed to support a wide range of risk assessment methodologies including Fault Tree Analysis. The solution facilitates compliance with safety and regulatory requirements, allowing companies to reduce design defects, product recalls and production downtime. The result is an increased ability to produce safe, reliable, high quality products.
The solution provides extensive methods and calculations to provide a foundation to optimize your Fault Tree Analysis risk assessment processes.
Methods and Calculations:
- Qualitative System Analysis – carried out through the use of minimal cut sets
- Unreliability System Analysis Methods – Cross Product, Cut Set Summation, Esary-Proschan, Exact Probability Calculation, Monte Carlo Simulation
- Importance Measures – Birnbaum, Criticality Importance, Fussel-Vesely, Risk Achievement Worth, Risk Reduction Worth
- Event Failure Modeling – allows you to choose from several different models, including Constant Probability, Constant Failure Rate with Repair, Weibull Distribution, Dormant, Spare Event and more
- Common Cause Failure Models – supports the four different CCF models, Beta Factor Model, Alpha Model, Multiple Greek Letter (MGL) Model, Beta Binomial Failure Rate (BFR) Model
- Calculation Options – Minimal Cut Sets, Unreliability, Unavailability, Failure Frequency, Number of Failures, Downtime, Mean Time to Failure, Mean Time Between Failure and more
- Displaying Calculation Results – will display a variety of calculation results, including Importance Measure table, Minimal Cut Sets Tables, and more
Our Quality Risk solution helps you comply with a variety of regulations, including:
NASA Fault Tree Handbook with Aerospace Applications